Friday, April 11, 2014

Gopher's Cafe Marquette, MI

Yesterday my friend Morgan and I decided to go on a walk to the gorgeous downtown Marquette, MI. It was finally nice enough outside to explore the town we have been living in for the past 7 or 8 months now. With the sun shining, and birds chirping (literally), we made our way down 3rd street. It amazed me how many little shops there were, that I never noticed before. I have driven down this street many times in my stay here, but with the car moving so fast, I wasn't able to pick up on the little details of this town.
As we were walking, we came across this small little house with a sign out front reading, "Gophers Cafe".

Of course the word chocolate stood out to me the most, so we just had to go inside! In this tiny house, was the most adorable little bakery. There was only one person working at the time, but in total there are only 3 people! Once inside, we were greeted by a girl named Elise. She explained to us that they make specialty cakes and cupcakes for all occasions. They also sell coffee, tea and slices of cake for a little over $3.00 each.
The cakes that I saw were gorgeously decorated and tasted even better! This one is called Black and White. Its a white cake, with a layer of chocolate and vanilla buttercream, then a layer of chocolate cake. It was delicious! They had a wide range of cakes to choose from that all looked amazing.
If you are looking to try something new in Marquette, MI, I recommend Gophers Cafe. With its wide range of desserts, high quality, and low prices, you are sure to find something to please everyone in your party!

No comments :

Post a Comment